The Law Firm of Delphine James was established in 2000. Attorney Delphine James the founder of the firms has solid technical and legal background with over 18 years of combined experience. Attorney Delphine James, a native of Louisiana, attended Grambling State University where she obtained her bachelors degree in Computer Science. After completing undergraduate studies, she began her career at AT&T Bell Laboratories. While at Bell Labs she obtained a Masters Degree in Computer Science from Illinois Institute of Technology. After gaining significant experience in the computer industry, Mrs. James returned to law school at South Texas College of Law where she obtained her Doctorate in Jurisprudence. Prior to founding the law firm, Delphine James worked for 13+ years as a Software Engineer and in Project Management for several major corporations including Loral Aerospace, UNISYS, AT&T and Tenneco. As a Software Engineer, she was instrumental in the forefront development of various technology systems currently in use today including:
- 1-800 Call Processing;
- initial Credit Card Authorization System for VISA and MASTERCARD and;
- NASA’s Mission Control and Space Station Communication Software.
Prior to law school, Delphine James attended the following universities:
- Received in 1980, a Bachelors degree in Computer Science from Grambling State University where she graduated with the highest honors, Summa Cum Laude.
- Received in 1982, a masters of science degree in Computer Science from Illinois Institute of Technology
In 1998, she received a Doctorate of Jurisprudence from South Texas College of Law. While attending law school she was selected for the Deans’s list and was nationally recognized by Who’s Who Among American Law Students as well as the Super Achiever award for Help Inc. (supported by the YMCA).
The Law Firm of Delphine James is minority women owned business. Currently, the law firm is certified by two organizations, the Houston Minority Supplier Business Council (HMSBC) and the State HUB program. These certifications recognize the firm as a viable business in the State of Texas.
Delphine James is a member of the following profession associations:
- State Bar of Texas Intellectual Property Section
- American Bar Association Intellectual Property Section
- Houston Bar Association
Delphine James is available for speaking engagements and lectures and has talked at the following:
- How to protect computer software— HMBC and Service Corporation of America SCA
- Intellectual Property – Government Procurement Connections (GPC)
- Intellectual Property — Rice University Business Law Course
- Patent and Trademark Law — National Technical Association National Conference